At this stage, your baby is growing fast and your uterus needs to expand a little every day to fit it. But be excited, it’s just a few weeks before the little one comes in to the world.
Your physical changes this week
Simple things like talking on the phone, climbing staircases, walking quickly, may make you feel breathless. It is important to be careful of your posture and avoid slouching so that your lungs get space to expand.
Itching sensation on your tummy is due to the stretching of collagen fibres in the middle layer of your skin. You can rub some moisturizer after bath. Do not use water of extreme temperatures for showering and soaps which make your skin dry.
Fluid retention can cause the carpal tunnel in your wrist to swell, putting pressure on the nerves. Physiotherapy can be very effective, so can a wrist splint.
If you cannot sleep then there may be many causes for it. May be there are many things running in your head or it might be that you are trying to sort out some problem in your mind at that hour of night. You might feel like peeing often while you are awake at night. It is advisable to keep a set time for sleeping and avoid taking naps through the day so that you are tired enough to sleep at night.
Your baby's changes this week
- Your baby is now spending more time unfurled and can be measured from head to heels
- Your baby is around 38 centimetres this week and fat continues to form under skin and around your baby's vital organs
- The retinas of your baby's eyes are going through changes and maturation, along with opening and closing of eyes, which is happening since last couple of weeks
- Your baby can now suck his or her thumb as per his or her will and so this simple pleasure is no more an involuntary action from this week onwards
- The baby is still breathing the amniotic fluid in and out of his or her lungs, the oxygen being provided by the placenta
Hints of the week
Every state has its own guidelines governing the storage and administration around cord blood storage, so, it is advisable to find out all the information about this.
Also, if you do not gain enough weight during pregnancy, you and the baby may face some problems. Even in that case, you can make changes to your diet to gain the needed nutrients without gaining too much of weight.