If you're a working mum, you've no doubt developed some impressive multi-tasking skills. Even so, we know juggling work and family remains a big challenge and is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Well don't worry; you're not alone. We talked to your fellow supermums and got some great advice on how they balance their many responsibilities.
- Take a half-hour lunch at work so you can get home earlier.
- If necessary, bring your work home so you can leave work slightly earlier, you’ll get some extra time to spend with your baby before they sleep.
- Be clear about your needs when negotiating with your employer. Make sure they know family comes first.
- Arrange for a regular babysitter you can trust. You’ll know your baby is well taken care of even when you’re at work.
- If you can’t leave your baby at home, pick a daycare near your office.
- Work out the arrangements between you and your husband. You can both work part-time on different days so there will always be a parent at home.
Spending quality time alone
- It’s important to have me-time even after you have a baby. Set an early bedtime for your baby and you’ll have a bit of alone time in the evening to relax.
- Wake up early in the morning for a run before your baby wakes up. Exercise also helps you manage stress.
- Find a hobby and schedule regular times for it.